Re: Full power 30° bank stall

Subject:    Re: Full power 30° bank stall
From:    Bob Turner (bobturner@alum.rpi.edu)
Date:    Wed Apr 24 - 9:33 PM
Ceengland wrote:
> I haven't even stayed in any hotels lately, but if you're in a stabilized turn
of any bank, won't the ailerons be neutral? The way I was taught, they're rate
controls; if they're deflected, the bank angle is changing.

Remember that for small bank angles (up to about 45 deg in the -10) the plane is
stable in roll, so a small downward aileron deflection is required on the raised
wing. Beyond about 45 deg, the extra speed on the outside of the turn produces
extra lift (over banking tendancy) and requires some reversed aileron pressure.

--------
Bob Turner
RV-10 QB

Read this topic online here:

Other Matronics Email List Services

  • Post A New Message
  •   RV10-List@matronics.com
  • UN/SUBSCRIBE
  •   http://www.matronics.com/subscription
  • List FAQ
  •   http://www.matronics.com/FAQ/RV10-List.htm
  • Full Archive Search Engine
  •   http://www.matronics.com/search
  • 7-Day List Browsing
  •   http://www.matronics.com/browse
  • Browse the List Digests
  •   http://www.matronics.com/digest
  • Live Online Chat!
  •   http://www.matronics.com/chat
  • Archive Downloading
  •   http://www.matronics.com/archives
  • Photo Share
  •   http://www.matronics.com/photoshare
  • Other Email Lists
  •   http://www.matronics.com/emaillists
  • Contributions
  •   http://www.matronics.com/contributions

    These Email List Services are sponsored solely by Matronics and through the generous contributions of its members.

    -- Please support this service by making your Contribution today! --