Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GL2SFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Glasair-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craymondw(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: GL2SFT Reply with quote

As I pulled my plane out of my hanger I heard a loud snapping noise coming from my front nose gear assembly and decided to place a box wrench on the eight trunnion bolts on my fire wall ribs and discovered they were lose. I treat those bolts as though they are attached to wood and snug them hand tight. I found it took about six flats to snug them up. I completed my Gl2SFT in 1991 and found the smaller 3/16" bolts often loosened up. In 1996 the day before I planned on replacing them with larger bolts the nose gear assembly departed my plane while landing on a sandy grass threshold causing much damage. When I repaired the plane I installed larger 1/4" trunnion bolts and that appeared to solve the problem. I think the reason they loosened up this time was due to shrinkage of the composite material over time and not the bolts stretching. A few years back I also noticed the wing brackets screws had also loosened. Several years ago I painted thin red lines on all of my elevator bolts to see if they were remaining in place because getting a wrench on those bolts would require removing the elevators.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Glasair-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Glasair-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Glasair-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: