Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody use stock fuel valve?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digidocs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Anybody use stock fuel valve? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Has anyone on this list fitted the stock fuel valve?  Any tips for making the installation look more polished or operate as well as possible?  I can find very little online about it.
FYI---not really interested in going the Andair valve option.
Thanks!

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
n520tx(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Anybody use stock fuel valve? Reply with quote

I installed the stock valve as per the plans - not a single change. It
does the job, never saw a need to modify it.

It's a bit of a nuisance to have to remove the handle every time you
want the tunnel cover removed, but what can ya do, it's only once a year.

--Ron

On 1/15/19 7:13 PM, David Carr wrote:
Quote:
Hi all,

Has anyone on this list fitted the stock fuel valve?  Any tips for
making the installation look more polished or operate as well as
possible?  I can find very little online about it.

Thanks!

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

BrBreck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject: Anybody use stock fuel valve? Reply with quote

Great question.  I installed the Andair Valve in another plane, and, it works sweetly.  I was hoping to go "stock" on the -10 project.  Hoping more than just Mr. Walker speaketh up.
Bruce

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 5:30 PM David Carr <junk(at)dcarr.org (junk(at)dcarr.org)> wrote:

Quote:
Hi all,

Has anyone on this list fitted the stock fuel valve?  Any tips for making the installation look more polished or operate as well as possible?  I can find very little online about it.
Thanks!

rleffler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Anybody use stock fuel valve? Reply with quote

Just about every RV-10 that I’m aware of, including mine has gone with an Andair valve. Mine has been flying for over six years, so I haven’t really bothered to keep up with all the factory parts quality control issues. Hopefully, that vendor has fixed their issues over the years. I don’t have any data, pro or con.

Get Outlook for iOS

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com on behalf of Bruce Breckenridge <bbreckenridge(at)gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:06 PM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Anybody use stock fuel valve?

Great question. I installed the Andair Valve in another plane, and, it works sweetly. I was hoping to go "stock" on the -10 project. Hoping more than just Mr. Walker speaketh up.

Bruce

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 5:30 PM David Carr <junk(at)dcarr.org (junk(at)dcarr.org)> wrote:

Quote:
Hi all,

Has anyone on this list fitted the stock fuel valve? Any tips for making the installation look more polished or operate as well as possible? I can find very little online about it.

Thanks!

kboatright1(at)comcast.ne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Anybody use stock fuel valve? Reply with quote

I have the stock valve in my RV-6, and it is doing fine after 18 maintenance
free years.

I installed the stock valve in the RV-10 I'm finishing and have no qualms
about it. The installation is very simple - just follow the plans.

Kyle Boatright

--

Bob Turner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody use stock fuel valve? Reply with quote

Stock valve in mine. Kit purchase circa 2008, just in time to get the slightly modified valve with the new handle (aluminum pointer, lift-to-turn). The older brass handle was just plain ugly IMHO. No problems to date.

gspecketer(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject: Anybody use stock fuel valve? Reply with quote

I installed the stock valve 11 years ago and have had no problems. If you push down on the valve during loading it can make it move hard. Just pull up on the handle and release and your good to go.

Get Outlook for iOS

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com on behalf of David Carr <junk(at)dcarr.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 8:31 PM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Anybody use stock fuel valve?

Hi all,

Has anyone on this list fitted the stock fuel valve? Any tips for making the installation look more polished or operate as well as possible? I can find very little online about it.

Thanks!

arvaijw(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject: Anybody use stock fuel valve? Reply with quote

I use the stock valve in my RV-10.  2.5 yrs and no issues.
Joe

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 8:31 PM David Carr <junk(at)dcarr.org (junk(at)dcarr.org)> wrote:

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks!

avu1(at)md.metrocast.net

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Anybody use stock fuel valve? Reply with quote

No issues in 10 years. Anh

On Jan 16, 2019, at 10:27 AM, Joe arvai <arvaijw(at)gmail.com (arvaijw(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
I use the stock valve in my RV-10. 2.5 yrs and no issues.
Joe

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 8:31 PM David Carr <junk(at)dcarr.org (junk(at)dcarr.org)> wrote:

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks!

timrvator(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Anybody use stock fuel valve? Reply with quote

8 years, 1150 hrs, no issues. Stock valve, unpainted, per plans. I lightly coat the nylon w/ fuel lube every few years if it gets hard to turn.

Same experience with my RV-6A for 1100 hrs.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 16, 2019, at 4:31 PM, DejaVu <avu1(at)md.metrocast.net (avu1(at)md.metrocast.net)> wrote:
Quote:
No issues in 10 years. Anh

On Jan 16, 2019, at 10:27 AM, Joe arvai <arvaijw(at)gmail.com (arvaijw(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
I use the stock valve in my RV-10. 2.5 yrs and no issues.
Joe

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks!

Jim Combs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Anybody use stock fuel valve? Reply with quote

I used the stock fuel selector valve.  First flight in 2010, 1000+ hours no issues.

Jim C (N312F)
On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 11:52 PM Bob Leffler <bob(at)thelefflers.com (bob(at)thelefflers.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Just about every RV-10 that I’m aware of, including mine has gone with an Andair valve.   Mine has been flying for over six years, so I haven’t really bothered to keep up with all the factory parts quality control issues.   Hopefully, that vendor has fixed their issues over the years.   I don’t have any data, pro or con.

Get Outlook for iOS

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) on behalf of Bruce Breckenridge <bbreckenridge(at)gmail.com (bbreckenridge(at)gmail.com)>
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)

Great question.  I installed the Andair Valve in another plane, and, it works sweetly.  I was hoping to go "stock" on the -10 project.  Hoping more than just Mr. Walker speaketh up.

Bruce

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks!

sportav8r(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject: Anybody use stock fuel valve? Reply with quote

My kit came with the Andair.  Much nicer than the stock valve in my 6A.  I have a stock -10 valve for sale Smile

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 6:52 PM Jim Combs <jiminlexky(at)gmail.com (jiminlexky(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
I used the stock fuel selector valve.  First flight in 2010, 1000+ hours no issues.

Jim C (N312F)
On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 11:52 PM Bob Leffler <bob(at)thelefflers.com (bob(at)thelefflers.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Just about every RV-10 that I’m aware of, including mine has gone with an Andair valve.   Mine has been flying for over six years, so I haven’t really bothered to keep up with all the factory parts quality control issues.   Hopefully, that vendor has fixed their issues over the years.   I don’t have any data, pro or con.

Get Outlook for iOS

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) on behalf of Bruce Breckenridge <bbreckenridge(at)gmail.com (bbreckenridge(at)gmail.com)>
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)

Bruce

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks!

rvdave

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody use stock fuel valve? Reply with quote

I’ve used the stock valve in my 6, it got stiff on me once but disassembled and lubed, no problem since. Using the stock valve on my 10 and no problems, using the red pointer knob.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: