Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Selling?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhealydds

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject: Selling? Reply with quote

This may not be the best time, but I was curious about how you all would go about selling your planes. I love my RV-10, but about a year and half ago, like some of you, I got my CFI and my flying time as been eaten up by instruction and has left less time for my RV-10. In addition, I am need another project as I find I liked building as much if not more than flying. Anyway, was just curious of your experiences. Did you use broker, lawyer, list on own, something else? What if any advice you would have. Thanks.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Ceengland

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject: Selling? Reply with quote

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 2:23 PM mhealydds <mhealydds(at)gmail.com (mhealydds(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
--> RV10-List message posted by: "mhealydds" <mhealydds(at)gmail.com (mhealydds(at)gmail.com)>

This may not be the best time, but I was curious about how you all would go about selling your planes. I love my RV-10, but about a year and half ago, like some of you, I got my CFI and my flying time as been eaten up by instruction and has left less time for my RV-10. In addition, I am need another project as I find I liked building as much if not more than flying. Anyway, was just curious of your experiences. Did you use broker, lawyer, list on own, something else? What if any advice you would have. Thanks.

I feel your pain, and might be able to help out. I have some extra hangar space, & would be glad to let you keep it here. Just put me on your insurance.
Wink
Seriously, for smaller RVs & other homebuilts, I've always had decent luck listing on Barnstormers. Reasonable prices if you include pics in the ad. You obviously have to be prepared for a lot of tire kickers, but that's true no matter what you're selling. I've tried to have a data sheet listing as much about the plane as possible, and a good collection of digital pics in addition to the ones in the ad, that you can email to anyone who contacts you for more info.
But before even listing on a sale site, it's worth putting out feelers in your area (flyers on airport bulletin boards, notices with the local EAA chapter, etc). I bought my current -6 from a local guy who was using my neighbor to do his maintenance/inspections. If the buyer knows you & your skillset/reputation, that can help sell the plane.
I've never used a broker or lawyer; just the FAA bill of  sale and maybe the EAA liability release document, if you feel like that could be a problem (though I probably wouldn't even sell to someone who gave the impression that he could be a future problem). It's not total protection, but it is an extra layer on the (remote) chance that someone tries to come after you later. On a more expensive plane like the -10, you can expect the buyer to want a detailed pre-buy inspection. Deciding how much 'invasion' you'll allow, and how much time you're willing to invest (to protect the plane) without money on the table might be the hardest call when selling. 
Don't forget that the current state of the economy has a huge effect on saleability of an a/c.   When times are good, stuff sells pretty quickly, but during economic downturns, they can be on the market a long time unless you're willing to take a beating on the price.

Charlie

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

cderk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject: Selling? Reply with quote

Ive seen a number of folks on the VAF site looking for RV-10s in the past few months. I’m sure there are plenty of buyers out there who are looking for a 10.

[quote] On Oct 29, 2020, at 4:27 PM, Charlie England <ceengland7(at)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 2:23 PM mhealydds <mhealydds(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> This may not be the best time, but I was curious about how you all would go about selling your planes. I love my RV-10, but about a year and half ago, like some of you, I got my CFI and my flying time as been eaten up by instruction and has left less time for my RV-10. In addition, I am need another project as I find I liked building as much if not more than flying. Anyway, was just curious of your experiences. Did you use broker, lawyer, list on own, something else? What if any advice you would have. Thanks.
>
I feel your pain, and might be able to help out. I have some extra hangar space, & would be glad to let you keep it here. Just put me on your insurance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: