Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Efii system 32

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtbousman(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject: Efii system 32 Reply with quote

I am trying to find information on the EFII System 32 and can only find limited info. Seems like many are using on new builds but there is little feedback on how it’s working.

Matt Bousman

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
rjones560xl@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject: Efii system 32 Reply with quote

A friend of mine is putting it in his RV10 but it is not flying yet. I made my first flight in my RV10 last February. I chose an old school engine by Barrett Precision Engines with an Airflow Performance FM300 fuel system and 9-1 Pistons. It generates 290 hp. I paired it with the Whirlwind 77HRT prop. It likes to fly high. At 18,000 DA I was getting 175 knots TAS on 12 gal/hr. I was somewhat put off the by EFI 32 because it required ships power to run it. I understand that they have two computer systems to run the EFI 32 that can be switched on the fly in the event of failure of one. It might be quite reliable but I don’t think there is enough flying time on the system quite yet, at least for me.

Robert Jones

Quote:
On Dec 27, 2020, at 7:39 AM, Matt Bousman <mtbousman(at)gmail.com> wrote:

I am trying to find information on the EFII System 32 and can only find limited info. Seems like many are using on new builds but there is little feedback on how it’s working.

Matt Bousman

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

kearney

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Efii system 32 Reply with quote

Matt

I can't speak to the FLYEFII system, but do have experience with the SDEEFI.COM system. I have been flying there electronic ignition / electronic fuel injection system for 18 months and have 160+ hours.

Ross has a number of youtube videos showcasing the system, some created using my -10. I believe Ross has 2,000+ systems flying so he does have a track record.

Cheers

Les

RV10 C-CGCWZ (vacationing in the US)
RV10 C-GROK flying
RV10#3 under construction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: