Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ENGINE REMOVAL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snazpappy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:57 pm    Post subject: ENGINE REMOVAL Reply with quote

Im getting ready to remove my engine off my YAK 52-TW so I can remove and replace all the hoses on the airplane, and replace the engine. Wondering what is the best way to remove the engine. On jacks? On the ground with the tail elevated? or on the ground in the regular tailwheel stance? I feel more comfortable with jacks under the plane since I will be removing all the pneumatic hoses, which limits me to On jacks or tailwheel stance. In tailwheel stance the engine sits a little too high to use a regular engine jack. Getting ideas so i can get everything together and ready so i can get the engine removed with fewer problems.

The engine lift I am considering is from Northern Tools which also comes with a engine leveler bracket that looks to me like it should work as good as the M14 bracket??

Also since I am asking questions how about the prop governor cable? I am guessing the best way for this is to remove it from the airplane all together during the removal? I definitely dont want to bend it any more than I have to during engine removal and replacement.

Also since the plane will not be ready to reassemble for a few months I thought I would remove the oil cooler and I am looking for places to send it to to have it flushed and inspected,,, might as will do it all while it is down.

One last question during removal I am guessing you remove the 8 mount struts from the engine rather than the engine ring that has the rubber mounts???? Does this make sense??? I hope so.

In case anyone is wondering all my hoses are 19 years old.

Thanks

Todd

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

296236CB-BBFD-422B-9786-85B1A651418F.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  179 KB
 Viewed:  1077 Time(s)

296236CB-BBFD-422B-9786-85B1A651418F.jpeg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: