Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TR-4 Elevator Trim tab range of movement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GalinHdz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:53 pm    Post subject: TR-4 Elevator Trim tab range of movement Reply with quote

Is he making this requirement up? I have never heard of an elevator trim tab range of motion spec.

On Mon, Sep 18, 2023 at 6:47 PM <mike(at)vision499.com (mike(at)vision499.com)> wrote:

Quote:

I just had the inspector here and he wants a spec on the range of movement for the elevator trim tab. Could you please let me know if you have that info or recorded the range that you have

Thanks very much

Mike

- The Matronics KIS-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-List
dadmeyers1951(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:05 pm    Post subject: TR-4 Elevator Trim tab range of movement Reply with quote

I don't think it's in the manual. But a lot is left to the builder. That's why they call it experimental. I can measure ours when I get home but not until Saturday. Glenn
On Mon, Sep 18, 2023, 9:54 PM Galin Hernandez <galinhdz(at)gmail.com (galinhdz(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Is he making this requirement up? I have never heard of an elevator trim tab range of motion spec.

On Mon, Sep 18, 2023 at 6:47 PM <mike(at)vision499.com (mike(at)vision499.com)> wrote:

Quote:

I just had the inspector here and he wants a spec on the range of movement for the elevator trim tab. Could you please let me know if you have that info or recorded the range that you have

Thanks very much

Mike

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

wschertz343(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:25 pm    Post subject: TR-4 Elevator Trim tab range of movement Reply with quote

GlenNothing was specified on what the range of motion for the trim tab. What I can tell you is that the little trim tab can have a big effect. On one flight with a passenger trim went way up because his big bunch of keys in his pocket kept activating the trim, and I had to use a lot of force to counter it. Flew much better when he quit sitting on it. With the electric servo driven trim, you are limited by the travel of the servo. During test period, I verified that I could overcome full up or down trim in case of runaway trim.
On Mon, Sep 18, 2023 at 9:07 PM Glenn <dadmeyers1951(at)gmail.com (dadmeyers1951(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
I don't think it's in the manual. But a lot is left to the builder. That's why they call it experimental. I can measure ours when I get home but not until Saturday. Glenn
On Mon, Sep 18, 2023, 9:54 PM Galin Hernandez <galinhdz(at)gmail.com (galinhdz(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks very much

Mike

craneplanes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:30 am    Post subject: TR-4 Elevator Trim tab range of movement Reply with quote

Mike, 
I’m not sure there’s a defined standard size and location for the trim tab, therefor there wouldn’t be a defined range of motion. (For example, I added springs to my up-elevator to allow more nose-up (slow flight) trim because my trim tab was not effective below about 90-KIAS.)
Could you try showing the inspector the build manual and that it doesn’t specify the range of motion? That build manual is very, very poorly written. 
-Doug Crane
N302KM

On Mon, Sep 18, 2023 at 17:47 <mike(at)vision499.com (mike(at)vision499.com)> wrote:

Quote:

Thanks very much

Mike

mikepienaar09(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:54 pm    Post subject: TR-4 Elevator Trim tab range of movement Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the helpInspector was concerned that my range of movement was too large and that it may not be controllable in case of trim "runaway".
I have a Ray Allen servo
Will change bracket and reduce range of motion and if not enough increase it later
Thanks again
Mike 

On Wed., Sep. 20, 2023, 7:33 a.m. Doug Crane, <craneplanes(at)gmail.com (craneplanes(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Mike, 
I’m not sure there’s a defined standard size and location for the trim tab, therefor there wouldn’t be a defined range of motion. (For example, I added springs to my up-elevator to allow more nose-up (slow flight) trim because my trim tab was not effective below about 90-KIAS.)
Could you try showing the inspector the build manual and that it doesn’t specify the range of motion? That build manual is very, very poorly written. 
-Doug Crane
N302KM

On Mon, Sep 18, 2023 at 17:47 <mike(at)vision499.com (mike(at)vision499.com)> wrote:

Quote:

Thanks very much

Mike

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: