Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OSH 2012 RV-10 Group Camping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcondrey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: OSH 2012 RV-10 Group Camping Reply with quote

After facilitating this for a few years and then taking last year off, my wife has convinced me to do an RV-10 group camping area in Camp Scholler again for those interested. We skipped last year because it just became too much work however EAA has made a few changes that should mitigate that. As in the past I will stake out sites on Tuesday (7/17 this year) the week prior to the show starting. It's done this early simply because we like the close proximity to the show, entry gates, showers, etc. Camp sites are "staked out" and marked off at that time and MUST have a registration tag. If a site doesn't have a registration tag the EAA security patrol will remove the stakes and marking tape.

In order to keep the workload to a minimum, I'm going to do things a bit different than prior years however the net result should be the same. So, here's the deal:
- Instead of making payment to me you'll pay EAA direct. They now allow for specifying any arrival date (change from the past). There's a link at the bottom of this page to make payment http://airventure.org/planning/advance_camp.html. Cost this year is $24/night and EAA charges from the first night you're registered through the end of the show (including Sunday night). If you leave early you get a refund for unused nights.
- I will spend a couple hours the morning of 7/17 staking out and marking sites. If you pay for a different start date please plan for somebody else to stake out your site.
- You'll need to email me your info (EAA # and name) after you've made payment so I can build the list. I'll go get the site tags from the EAA folks for those on my list.
- All info/credentials will be left with the EAA except for the site tags. That means when you come in you can just go through the express registration gate and pick them up - no need to call me to come meet you at the gate. I'll send an email out to those on my list Tuesday 7/17 after the sites are staked out so you know where we'll be.
- If you're flying in and will be camping with us I'll pick up your entire credential package so you won't have to make your way to the entry gate.

If you've never camped with us, we generally will be in the area of 55th and Lindbergh in Camp Scholler which is about a 5 minute walk to either the FlyMarket or Theater in the Woods gates. The camp store and a shower building are across from the FlyMarket entry gate, so about a 5 minute walk to those also. For the airshows we walk straight east across Knapp St. and onto the airfield. It's about a 10 minute walk to the flightline from our campsites. http://airventure.org/images/av11_schollermap.jpg

No more details available yet but several people have contacted me offline and I've told everybody that I'd post something in June if I was going to do something, so here it is! Much of the workload in prior years came from dealing with the money, trying to get all the necessary info from people and dealing with getting people their credentials upon arrival. Now that EAA put into place a way for people to prepay starting on any day it should aleviate most of the workload. It's great to have our group together, more people need to help carry the load for events like this. Speaking of which, one person that contacted me offline volunteered to put together a group dinner one night...

Here's a link to Tim's website where he's accumulated a lot of info on our group camping from past years. Except for the payment and arrival procedures, most of the rest of it should still be valid: http://www.myrv10.com/osh/

Bob

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
flysrv10(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: OSH 2012 RV-10 Group Camping Reply with quote

Bob, I will be arriving on Thursday night, three of us and a travel trailer. Do not want to cause work for you but if there is anyway we can camp nearby, It will be great.

Thanks.
Rob Kermanj

On Jun 11, 2012, at 4:56 PM, bcondrey wrote:
[quote]--> RV10-List message posted by: "bcondrey" <condreyb(at)gmail.com (condreyb(at)gmail.com)>

After facilitating this for a few years and then taking last year off, my wife has convinced me to do an RV-10 group camping area in Camp Scholler again for those interested. We skipped last year because it just became too much work however EAA has made a few changes that should mitigate that. As in the past I will stake out sites on Tuesday (7/17 this year) the week prior to the show starting. It's done this early simply because we like the close proximity to the show, entry gates, showers, etc. Camp sites are "staked out" and marked off at that time and MUST have a registration tag. If a site doesn't have a registration tag the EAA security patrol will remove the stakes and marking tape.

In order to keep the workload to a minimum, I'm going to do things a bit different than prior years however the net result should be the same. So, here's the deal:
- Instead of making payment to me you'll pay EAA direct. They now allow for specifying any arrival date (change from the past). There's a link at the bottom of this page to make payment http://airventure.org/planning/advance_camp.html. Cost this year is $24/night and EAA charges from the first night you're registered through the end of the show (including Sunday night). If you leave early you get a refund for unused nights.
- I will spend a couple hours the morning of 7/17 staking out and marking sites. If you pay for a different start date please plan for somebody else to stake out your site.
- You'll need to email me your info (EAA # and name) after you've made payment so I can build the list. I'll go get the site tags from the EAA folks for those on my list.
- All info/credentials will be left with the EAA except for the site tags. That means when you come in you can just go through the express registration gate and pick them up - no need to call me to come meet you at the gate. I'll send an email out to those on my list Tuesday 7/17 after the sites are staked out so you know where we'll be.
- If you're flying in and will be camping with us I'll pick up your entire credential package so you won't have to make your way to the entry gate.

If you've never camped with us, we generally will be in the area of 55th and Lindbergh in Camp Scholler which is about a 5 minute walk to either the FlyMarket or Theater in the Woods gates. The camp store and a shower building are across from the FlyMarket entry gate, so about a 5 minute walk to those also. For the airshows we walk straight east across Knapp St. and onto the airfield. It's about a 10 minute walk to the flightline from our campsites. http://airventure.org/images/av11_schollermap.jpg

No more details available yet but several people have contacted me offline and I've told everybody that I'd post something in June if I was going to do something, so here it is! Much of the workload in prior years came from dealing with the money, trying to get all the necessary info from people and dealing with getting people their credentials upon arrival. Now that EAA put into place a way for people to prepay starting on any day it should aleviate most of the workload. It's great to have our group together, more people need to help carry the load for events like this. Speaking of which, one person that contacted me offline volunteered to put together a group dinner one night...

Here's a link to Tim's website where he's accumulated a lot of info on our group camping from past years. Except for the payment and arrival procedures, most of the rest of it should still be valid: http://www.myrv10.com/osh/

Bob

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=375337#375337

- The RV10-List --> &n========================

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

bcondrey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: OSH 2012 RV-10 Group Camping Reply with quote

Since time is getting close I'm bumping this in case anybody that's interested missed the original posting.

When you purchase your sites you must send me your ticket info or else I have no way of knowing and won't stake out your site! Other helpful info to include would be what you're camping in (Class A, Class C, Fifth Wheel, tent, etc) and what length it is. Standard sites are 20x30 however there is some latitude to accommodate larger campers/motorhomes.

Bob

speckter(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: OSH 2012 RV-10 Group Camping Reply with quote

Here is my info

EAA# 199107
Ticket ID 206961998
July 16th, $336

Thanks

Gary

To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2012 10:39:13 AM
Subject: Re: OSH 2012 RV-10 Group Camping

--> RV10-List message posted by: "bcondrey" <condreyb(at)gmail.com>

Since time is getting close I'm bumping this in case anybody that's interested missed the original posting.

When you purchase your sites you must send me your ticket info or else I have no way of knowing and won't stake out your site! Other helpful info to include would be what you're camping in (Class A, Class C, Fifth Wheel, tent, etc) and what length it is.  Standard sites are 20x30 however there is some latitude to accommodate larger campers/motorhomes.

Bob

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=377330========================

[quote][b]

bcondrey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: OSH 2012 RV-10 Group Camping Reply with quote

Ok folks, last chance. We're physically leaving to head up to OSH this weekend and I need to take a hardcopy of my list of sites with me to make it easier on the folks working the registration stuff.

I've gotten a lot of emails and phone calls offline about camping with us, getting a site, etc. The actual number of people that I've received EAA ticket numbers (for the sites) from however is far less. If you've already gotten your site but not sent me an email with the confirmation ticket number, please take a minute and do it now. If you're procrastinating and just haven't gotten your site registered yet, time is running out!

Email me direct at condreyb (at) gmail (dot) com if you've got questions not answered by the first post or the FAQs pointed to in the link (in the first post).

Bob

AlmaColeman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: OSH 2012 RV-10 Group Camping Reply with quote

Group camping is a communal adventure that transforms the great outdoors into a shared haven for friends, family, or like-minded individuals seeking a collective escape. Whether under the vast canopy of stars or nestled within the scenic embrace of nature, group camping fosters camaraderie and a sense of togetherness. As tents are pitched and campfires kindled, the collective effort becomes evident in the shared tasks of cooking, setting up, and the unspoken joy of being surrounded by familiar faces. In the realm of sustainable camping practices, the integration of modern technology becomes essential. A prime example is the utilization of a solar panel charge controller, seamlessly weaving eco-consciousness into the fabric of group camping. This device not only harnesses the power of the sun to keep essential gadgets charged but also symbolizes the harmonious coexistence of modern conveniences and the untouched beauty of the natural world, making group camping an immersive and responsible outdoor experience.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: