Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Access to parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lom-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike(at)vision499.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:54 am    Post subject: Access to parts Reply with quote

Hello

I popped two seals on my Constant speed prop.

Have not been able to get a response from the factory, any ideas on who may be able to help getting spares?

A passer by at the airport said he saw many LOM’s flying in Europe so it may just be a language problem

Keep well

Mike Pienaar
mike(at)vision499.com (ike(at)vision499.com)
Mike cell: +1 250-885-0554
1-1100 Tulip Ave, Victoria, BC, V8Z 0A2

- The Matronics Lom-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lom-List
sjbeaver(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:55 am    Post subject: Access to parts Reply with quote

Which factory did you attempt to contact? LOM, Avia, Hamilton Standard? Steve-- Stephen Beaver
Als ik kanTel: 614-937 4189

Quote:
On Jan 29, 2024, at 1:53 PM, <mike(at)vision499.com (mike(at)vision499.com)> <mike(at)vision499.com (mike(at)vision499.com)> wrote:
Hello

Have not been able to get a response from the factory, any ideas on who may be able to help getting spares?

A passer by at the airport said he saw many LOM’s flying in Europe so it may just be a language problem

Keep well

Mike Pienaar

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

mikepienaar09(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:31 am    Post subject: Access to parts Reply with quote

Hello Steve,

I replied to the e-mail address on the LOM website. Did not think of contacting Avia or Hamilton Standard

Thanks

Mike

From: owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of sjbeaver
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2024 10:56 AM
To: Lom-List Digest Server <lom-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: Re: Access to parts

Which factory did you attempt to contact? LOM, Avia, Hamilton Standard?

Steve
--
Stephen Beaver

Als ik kan
Tel: 614-937 4189
Quote:

On Jan 29, 2024, at 1:53 PM, <mike(at)vision499.com (mike(at)vision499.com)> <mike(at)vision499.com (mike(at)vision499.com)> wrote:

Hello

Keep well

Mike Pienaar

sjbeaver(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:40 am    Post subject: Access to parts Reply with quote

Try http://www.aviapropeller.cz/index.htm they supply parts for the props. LOM have been very responsive recently, but they don’t support the props.

I converted my LOM M332 AK to fixed pitch operation, so I have a CS prop, governor, nose case/seal assembly and plumbing available, but I don’t have any spare seals and it may not even be your model prop. It came off a Glasstar.
Steve--
Als ik kan
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2024, at 2:31 PM, mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com wrote:

(at)font-face { font-family: "Cambria Math"; } (at)font-face { font-family: Calibri; } (at)font-face { font-family: "Comic Sans MS"; } p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0cm; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; } a:link, span.MsoHyperlink { color: blue; text-decoration: underline; } span.apple-converted-space { } span.EmailStyle19 { font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; color: windowtext; } .MsoChpDefault { font-size: 10pt; } (at)page WordSection1 { size: 612pt 792pt; margin: 72pt; } div.WordSection1 { page: WordSection1; } <![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Hello Steve,

I replied to the e-mail address on the LOM website. Did not think of contacting Avia or Hamilton Standard

Thanks

Mike

From: owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of sjbeaver
To: Lom-List Digest Server <lom-list(at)matronics.com>

Steve
--
Stephen Beaver

Als ik kan
Quote:

Hello

Keep well

Mike Pienaar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:01 pm    Post subject: Access to parts Reply with quote

Not that I am contemplating it now but how big a job was it to convert to fixed pitch and why did you do it.Thanks for your help
Where will I be able to get spark plugs?
Keep well 
On Mon., Jan. 29, 2024, 11:40 a.m. sjbeaver, <sjbeaver(at)gmail.com (sjbeaver(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Try http://www.aviapropeller.cz/index.htm they supply parts for the props. LOM have been very responsive recently, but they don’t support the props. 

I converted my LOM M332 AK to fixed pitch operation, so I have a CS prop, governor, nose case/seal assembly and plumbing available, but I don’t have any spare seals and it may not even be your model prop. It came off a Glasstar. 
Steve-- 
Als ik kan
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2024, at 2:31 PM, mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com (mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com) wrote:

Hello Steve,

Thanks

Mike

From: owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com)> On Behalf Of sjbeaver
To: Lom-List Digest Server <lom-list(at)matronics.com (lom-list(at)matronics.com)>

Steve
-- 
Stephen Beaver

Als ik kan
Quote:

Hello 

Keep well

Mike Pienaar

sjbeaver(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:23 pm    Post subject: Access to parts Reply with quote

It is very simple. Basically a 30 mm plug is installed in the nose of the crankshaft, the governor is removed along with its associated plumbing and that's it. My a/c is a 1930s Bücker Jungmann on which a CS prop would be out of place.
For spark plugs, use the NGK plugs as I have documented here: https://bucker.info/index.php/component/content/article?id=1625 Steve-- Stephen Beaver

Quote:
On Jan 29, 2024, at 9:00 PM, mike Pienaar <mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com (mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Not that I am contemplating it now but how big a job was it to convert to fixed pitch and why did you do it.Thanks for your help
Keep well

On Mon., Jan. 29, 2024, 11:40 a.m. sjbeaver, <sjbeaver(at)gmail.com (sjbeaver(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Try http://www.aviapropeller.cz/index.htm they supply parts for the props. LOM have been very responsive recently, but they don’t support the props.
Steve--
Als ik kan

Quote:
On Jan 29, 2024, at 2:31 PM, mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com (mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com) wrote:
Hello Steve,

Thanks

Mike

From: owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com)> On Behalf Of sjbeaverSent: Monday, January 29, 2024 10:56 AMTo: Lom-List Digest Server <lom-list(at)matronics.com (lom-list(at)matronics.com)>Subject: Re: Access to parts

Steve-- Stephen Beaver

Quote:

Hello

Keep well

Mike Pienaar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:54 pm    Post subject: Access to parts Reply with quote

Thanks very much for your helpThat article you wrote is well done and I much appreciate the info and effort you put into it
On a different note, what language is "als ik kan"?
On Mon., Jan. 29, 2024, 7:23 p.m. sjbeaver, <sjbeaver(at)gmail.com (sjbeaver(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
It is very simple. Basically a 30 mm plug is installed in the nose of the crankshaft, the governor is removed along with its associated plumbing and that's it. My a/c is a 1930s Bücker Jungmann on which a CS prop would be out of place.

For spark plugs, use the NGK plugs as I have documented here: https://bucker.info/index.php/component/content/article?id=1625 

Steve
-- 
Stephen Beaver
Als ik kan

Quote:
On Jan 29, 2024, at 9:00 PM, mike Pienaar <mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com (mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Not that I am contemplating it now but how big a job was it to convert to fixed pitch and why did you do it.Thanks for your help
Keep well 

Quote:
Try http://www.aviapropeller.cz/index.htm they supply parts for the props. LOM have been very responsive recently, but they don’t support the props. 

Steve-- 
Als ik kan
Quote:

Hello Steve,

Thanks

Mike

From: owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com)> On Behalf Of sjbeaver
To: Lom-List Digest Server <lom-list(at)matronics.com (lom-list(at)matronics.com)>

Steve
-- 
Stephen Beaver

Als ik kan
Quote:

Hello 

Keep well

Mike Pienaar

sjbeaver(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:26 pm    Post subject: Access to parts Reply with quote

The phrase comes from from Jan van Eyck, a 15th century Renaissance artist who signed his paintings with the personal motto Als Ik Kan, which is taken from the Flemish saying “As I can, not as I would.” Steve-- Stephen Beaver

Quote:
On Jan 29, 2024, at 10:54 PM, mike Pienaar <mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com (mikepienaar09(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Thanks very much for your helpThat article you wrote is well done and I much appreciate the info and effort you put into it
On a different note, what language is "als ik kan"?

On Mon., Jan. 29, 2024, 7:23 p.m. sjbeaver, <sjbeaver(at)gmail.com (sjbeaver(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
For spark plugs, use the NGK plugs as I have documented here: https://bucker.info/index.php/component/content/article?id=1625 Steve-- Stephen Beaver

Quote:
Not that I am contemplating it now but how big a job was it to convert to fixed pitch and why did you do it.Thanks for your help
Keep well

Quote:
Steve--
Als ik kan

Quote:
Hello Steve,

Thanks

Mike

From: owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-lom-list-server(at)matronics.com)> On Behalf Of sjbeaverSent: Monday, January 29, 2024 10:56 AMTo: Lom-List Digest Server <lom-list(at)matronics.com (lom-list(at)matronics.com)>Subject: Re: Access to parts

Steve-- Stephen Beaver

Quote:

Hello

Keep well

Mike Pienaar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lom-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: