Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toe brakes and passenger brakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregsmi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject: Toe brakes and passenger brakes Reply with quote

I sold one of my Pulsars and the new owner would like to take flying lessons. He would like to convert to toe brakes and also install brakes for his instructor. I know we have owners that have done one or both. I sure would like pictures of your installations. Please forward any info along. I appreciate it. The new owner did his first flight with his instructor today and he is excited.

Thanks
Greg

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
phil(at)ishml.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject: Toe brakes and passenger brakes Reply with quote

Search for “toe” in the photo section of the site. You’ll find my toe brake retrofit…utilizes the original rudder pedals. Mine only cover the left seat, easily adapted for the right.

Phil

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Greg Smith
Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2020 3:21 PM
To: pulsar-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Toe brakes and passenger brakes

I sold one of my Pulsars and the new owner would like to take flying lessons. He would like to convert to toe brakes and also install brakes for his instructor. I know we have owners that have done one or both. I sure would like pictures of your installations. Please forward any info along. I appreciate it. The new owner did his first flight with his instructor today and he is excited.

Thanks

Greg

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

myrontruex(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:01 am    Post subject: Toe brakes and passenger brakes Reply with quote

I think it might have been Lisa Turner that made the first sets. I got a set from someone but later changed the brakes out to the larger ones and went back to the heel brakes. Marting had band brakes and could smoke his tires so I doub’t it was he.

30TX
Myron

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of Phil Ishmael
Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2020 7:12 PM
To: pulsar-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: RE: Toe brakes and passenger brakes

Search for “toe” in the photo section of the site. You’ll find my toe brake retrofit…utilizes the original rudder pedals. Mine only cover the left seat, easily adapted for the right.

Phil

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Greg Smith
To: pulsar-list(at)matronics.com (pulsar-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Toe brakes and passenger brakes

Thanks

Greg

MikeyC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject: Toe brakes and passenger brakes Reply with quote

Hi Greg.  I dug these up from the archives.  I also ditched the cherry juice for DOT 4, which can handle higher temps.

Be advised, there’s absolutely no coverage in any of the build manuals that I know of, for this modification.  Though it’s not particularly difficult for an experienced builder, I would advise anyone attempting this to get some help from tech counselors or similarly qualified personnel.
Best, Mike
[img]cid:1750f479371e5a88d5c1[/img]
[img]cid:1750f47ccd83052b25d2[/img]

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 5:05 AM <myrontruex(at)comcast.net (myrontruex(at)comcast.net)> wrote:

Quote:

I think it might have been Lisa Turner that made the first sets. I got a set from someone but later changed the brakes out to the larger ones and went back to the heel brakes. Marting had band brakes and could smoke his tires so I doub’t it was he.

30TX
Myron

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com)> On Behalf Of Phil Ishmael
Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2020 7:12 PM
Subject: RE: Toe brakes and passenger brakes

Search for “toe” in the photo section of the site. You’ll find my toe brake retrofit…utilizes the original rudder pedals.  Mine only cover the left seat, easily adapted for the right.

Phil

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Greg Smith
Subject: Pulsar-List: Toe brakes and passenger brakes

Thanks

Greg

IMG_0346.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.86 MB
 Viewed:  3258 Time(s)

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.78 MB

IMG_0345.jpg

gregsmi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Toe brakes and passenger brakes Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, appreciate the pictures. The new owner is a retired A&P so he will do well.

Greg

--

IMG_0345.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.78 MB

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.86 MB

IMG_0346.jpg

rickyd54(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject: Toe brakes and passenger brakes Reply with quote

If installing toe brakes, remember you have to consider the higher loads on the rudder cables and rudder when you apply the brakes. The standard setup will not handle those loads. I attached a pulley in the center of the front seat bulkhead and using a cable attached to the rudder pedals through the pulley. When applying brakes the pulley gets the extra load.

Sent from my iPhone

[quote] On Oct 9, 2020, at 4:45 PM, Michael Cowan <mikey.flyer53(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Greg. I dug these up from the archives. I also ditched the cherry juice for DOT 4, which can handle higher temps.

Be advised, there’s absolutely no coverage in any of the build manuals that I know of, for this modification. Though it’s not particularly difficult for an experienced builder, I would advise anyone attempting this to get some help from tech counselors or similarly qualified personnel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: