Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CPI ignition?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digidocs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject: CPI ignition? Reply with quote

Hello RV-10 fliers,
Has anyone installed the SDS CPI electronic ignition system?  If so, PIREPs are requested!
Thanks,
David

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
leok4880(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:37 am    Post subject: CPI ignition? Reply with quote

I have a CPI2 and find it works great at 225 hours so far.

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 1:18 AM David Carr <junk(at)dcarr.org (junk(at)dcarr.org)> wrote:

Quote:
Hello RV-10 fliers,
Has anyone installed the SDS CPI electronic ignition system?  If so, PIREPs are requested!
Thanks,
David

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

digidocs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject: CPI ignition? Reply with quote

Hi Leo,
Thanks for sharing your experience.  How did you mount your coils?  In place of the mags or somewhere else?
David

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 10:40 AM Leo Kno <leok4880(at)gmail.com (leok4880(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 1:18 AM David Carr <junk(at)dcarr.org (junk(at)dcarr.org)> wrote:

Quote:
Hello RV-10 fliers,
Thanks,
David

sportav8r(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: CPI ignition? Reply with quote

60 hours on a CPI2 and no issues past the teething stage.  I had major issues at first with only one side running, but after numerous component swap-outs it was determined I had not set the pickup coils alongside the flywheel rim correctly and they weren't sensing reliably.  Once we ironed that out it has been a trouble-free experience.  Just follow the directions, not what you think they say but what they actually say.  

One day I'll play with the timing advance maps a bit, but for now I'm sticking with Ross' conservative profile and running mogas LOP with good success (still doing the restrictor swap dance with Don Rivera at Airflow to get my GAMI-spread optimized). 
Utilized the billet mounts sold by SDS to place coils on the engine mount upper crossover tube.
-Bill B 
RV-10
On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 3:20 PM David Carr <junk(at)dcarr.org (junk(at)dcarr.org)> wrote:

Quote:
Hi Leo,
Thanks for sharing your experience.  How did you mount your coils?  In place of the mags or somewhere else?
David

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 10:40 AM Leo Kno <leok4880(at)gmail.com (leok4880(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Hello RV-10 fliers,
Thanks,
David

leok4880(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject: CPI ignition? Reply with quote

Coils are mounted to the cover plates of the magnetos provided by SDS

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 3:20 PM David Carr <junk(at)dcarr.org (junk(at)dcarr.org)> wrote:

Quote:
Hi Leo,
David

Quote:

Quote:
Hello RV-10 fliers,
Thanks,
David

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: