Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What did you do with your Europa this week 4/25 - 5/2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
h&jeuropa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:12 am    Post subject: What did you do with your Europa this week 4/25 - 5/2 Reply with quote

Starting thread for this week.

We are working on our annual Condition Inspection. No major problems. We did find the Mod 51 brace was cracked so have replaced it. Also relocating fuel flow transducers to eliminate hose bends near them and improve accuracy.

Jim

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
n7188u

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 4/25 - 5/2 Reply with quote

Finished my Condition Inspection which included installing the fairings on the flap hinges. I was able to squeeze a short flight yesterday evening.

Now waiting for this wind to die down a little. Gusting 24 knots today.

Chris

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

IMG_0835 (1).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  114.43 KB
 Viewed:  1045 Time(s)

IMG_0835 (1).JPG

IMG_0831 (1).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  104 KB

IMG_0831 (1).JPG

67244782817__A9067EF4-8822-40D3-823E-3A17F664C07A (2).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  92.27 KB

67244782817__A9067EF4-8822-40D3-823E-3A17F664C07A (2).JPG

Area-51

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 4/25 - 5/2 Reply with quote

First good weather in months; got up in the sky for an hour and a half without the doors flying off... 👍 ... 80kt 3700rpm, gallon of fossil tree.

n7188u

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 4/25 - 5/2 Reply with quote

Yesterday fellow Europa enthusiast Dave Conrad and his wife came to visit and we had a chance to take my monowheel up for a ride (and a very nice ride it was since the wind finally subsided a little). I really enjoyed his visit and I hope he did as well.

Being able to sit and chat about the Europa was awesome but being able to give someone building an Europa Monowheel a chance to go up and fly in one is something that I really enjoyed doing and I wish I had a chance to do when I was building mine. Hopefully that will give him the encouragement to finally get his done Smile

After the nice flight, we went out with the wives and had a nice lunch at our airport restaurant where the airplane chat continued of course Very Happy

Chris

Area-51

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 4/25 - 5/2 Reply with quote

Went to the field to fly today... ended up pulling the speed kit covers off and giving everything a spanner check and a visual... measured up the flap hinges and added that data to the cad model... ran some more cfd tests and its true, the air really does flow from under the wing over the flap when deployed!! drank tea, ate a cookie and chatted about radio wave technology... watched every europa youtube post...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: