Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photos of cockpit enclosures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaydub

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:08 pm    Post subject: Photos of cockpit enclosures Reply with quote

I did a search in the forums and found a few photos but wondering if there are more or if you could post what you have if you enclosed the cockpit of a Firestar or similar Kolb?

I bought a Firestar basketcase that I believe would have been from around 1990 as the engine with that has castings stamped both "89" and "90" on them and that supposedly was the engine that came in the kit. With that I have 2 tubes that run from the fiberglass nose up to something like a hoop I have seen in some photos of Firestars. This basketcase had everything but the fuselage so I don't have that to look at. I can't figure out where the hoop would attach other than maybe the 2 tabs on the fuselage then maybe up to the leading edge of the wing roots? I have a "hard" door frame with a hinge on the top and a latch on the bottom but I'm missing a lot of pieces to make sense of it all.

I have nearly finished a Firestar II from 2016 that came with the shorty windshield but I think I will want a more enclosed cockpit for Fall and Spring flying. The hard door from the first plane doesn't fit the side contour of my newer one so I can't use it as is but I might be able to fabricate something similar. What different options have you used to enclose the cockpit and would you be willing to send me any photos? You can do it on the list or if you'd prefer just send to my email.

I do have plenty of aluminum tubing that came with kit #2 and I can easily work with Lexan to make anything, but I am looking for ideas of what to make.

Thanks a bunch,
Jay

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: