Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[EXT] Head sets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkane(at)ida.org

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:33 am    Post subject: [EXT] Head sets Reply with quote

Dear Greg,
I sent my fairly new Dave Clarks off to have an ANR kit installed years ago.  For me, the ANR upgrade made a big difference in clarity over the radio.  However, as a MSEE I recommend buying a new pair.  The technology behind the filters, amplifiers, and phase shifters in the ANR is changing.  Electronics in general only gets better, cheaper, and more reliable.  If you headsets are over 10 years old I would replace them.
Tom.
N17575 Pulsar XP builder

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of Greg Smith
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2023 10:43 PM
To: Pulsar Aviators IO <pulsar-aviators(at)groups.io>; Pulsar-List Digest Server <pulsar-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: [EXT] Pulsar-List: Head sets

*** This email originated outside of IDA. Please verify that you recognize the sender and know the content is safe before proceeding. ***

Donna and I want to wish all of our Pulsar friends a very Merry Christmas. This is our favorite time of year and we are hoping you have a great Christmas with family. We have special plans to celebrate twice as it is difficult to get the whole family together, eight grand kids and their families makes for a great time. I will be smoking a twenty pound, bone in whole ham and expect we will only have the bones left for navy beans at a future meal, but lots of good memories. We hope you have a great holiday and look forward to seeing you in the new year.

I would like to solicit your feedback and experience with noise canceling head sets. Last month I was fitted with hearing aids and just adjusting to all the sounds I was apparently not hearing. Today, I flew the Pulsar with the hearing aids and was totally surprised at all the noise and it was rather difficult to hear the radio. Some of my airport friends suggest to fly without the hearing aids and use a noise canceling headset. Looking online, there are many to choose from and prices range from $80 to $300. I am temped to try a cheap set to see how that will work. What has been your experience?

The Jabiru engine in the Pulsar is still performing well, just pilot needs to fly more often. In this cooler weather, it really scoots down the runway and is air born very quickly with climb over 1,000 fpm. Landing was fantastic, greased the wheels on, hit the brakes and made the first turn off. Love the Pulsar. After twenty seven years, it still flies great,

Take care, enjoy the family and the holidays, be safe,

Greg

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: