Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crossbow AHRS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlm34077(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:39 pm    Post subject: Crossbow AHRS Reply with quote

I have a problem with the xbow ahrs with my chelton system. It seems to be temperature related. It may be the heater. On cold mornings (yes we do have cold 30F in Arizona) it seems to take about 15 minutes to lock on. The internal GPS and displays work normally but the attitude function takes considerable time to function normally. Anyone repair these units? my phone is four 8 zero 28 six two 85 nine.

David McNeill N46007
RV10 1700 hours
Virus-free.www.avast.com[url=#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2][/url]

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
rleffler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:56 pm    Post subject: Crossbow AHRS Reply with quote

Where in Arizona are you located? I’ll be moving out to Surprise in a few months. I’m having a heck of time trying to find someplace to park my RV-10 in the valley.

Get Outlook for iOS
From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of dlm <dlm34077(at)gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2024 3:38:39 PM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com <rv10-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: Crossbow AHRS

I have a problem with the xbow ahrs with my chelton system. It seems to be temperature related. It may be the heater. On cold mornings (yes we do have cold 30F in Arizona) it seems to take about 15 minutes to lock on. The internal GPS and displays work normally but the attitude function takes considerable time to function normally. Anyone repair these units? my phone is four 8 zero 28 six two 85 nine.

David McNeill N46007
RV10 1700 hours

Virus-free.www.avast.com [url=#x_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2][/url]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Kellym

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:10 pm    Post subject: Crossbow AHRS Reply with quote

David is at Falcon Field in Mesa. The nearest to Surprise is Glendale which may or may not have some hangar space. I am at Chandler which has about a 15 yr wait list for city-owned hangar or ridiculously priced private hangars that are usually available within 6 months. KDVT is a common alternative but has a 2-3 yr wait list for small hangars.
The Chelton system is very old by now, and is not supported to any extent.

Kelly - N171CK
  On 1/14/2024 1:56 PM, Bob Leffler wrote:

Quote:
Where in Arizona are you located?   I’ll be moving out to Surprise in a few months.  I’m having a heck of time trying to find someplace to park my RV-10 in the valley.

Get Outlook for iOS
From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com> (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) on behalf of dlm <dlm34077(at)gmail.com> (dlm34077(at)gmail.com)
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com) <rv10-list(at)matronics.com> (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)

David McNeill N46007
RV10 1700 hours

Virus-free.www.avast.com

rleffler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:23 pm    Post subject: Crossbow AHRS Reply with quote

You might try giving Rob Hickman a call. AFS used to used Crossbows, but the switched to another OEM for a while, and are now using Dynon.

Get Outlook for iOS
From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of dlm <dlm34077(at)gmail.com>

David McNeill N46007
RV10 1700 hours

Virus-free.www.avast.com [url=#x_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2][/url]

rleffler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:37 pm    Post subject: Crossbow AHRS Reply with quote

I found one of the chandler hangars for sale. It was almost ast much as my current home. I may have to grab a snow bird rental for the summer and look for some thin more permanent when I get there. I’m already on all the waiting lists.

Get Outlook for iOS
From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of Kelly McMullen <kellym(at)aviating.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2024 4:10:20 PM
Subject: Re: Crossbow AHRS

David is at Falcon Field in Mesa. The nearest to Surprise is Glendale which may or may not have some hangar space. I am at Chandler which has about a 15 yr wait list for city-owned hangar or ridiculously priced private hangars that are usually available within 6 months. KDVT is a common alternative but has a 2-3 yr wait list for small hangars.
The Chelton system is very old by now, and is not supported to any extent.

Kelly - N171CK
On 1/14/2024 1:56 PM, Bob Leffler wrote:

Quote:
Where in Arizona are you located? I’ll be moving out to Surprise in a few months. I’m having a heck of time trying to find someplace to park my RV-10 in the valley.

Get Outlook for iOS
From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com> (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) on behalf of dlm <dlm34077(at)gmail.com> (dlm34077(at)gmail.com)
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com) <rv10-list(at)matronics.com> (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)

David McNeill N46007
RV10 1700 hours

Virus-free.www.avast.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: