Re: Re: Noise from Japan

Subject:    Re: Re: Noise from Japan
From:    M W Stanley (mmrally@nifty.com)
Date:    Tue Aug 25 - 6:54 AM
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the link,
I like wire wheels but I like balloon wheels at the same time. Those wheels
seem to be a bit of both.
I am also into restoring 80's road racing bicycles (often ride them to work
and back) so lacing up wheels is something I do.
Lacing/truing wheels can be both interesting and frustrating!
Those wheels look neat with the radial spoke pattern. Bikes sometimes have
the front wheel laced with a radial pattern, but not the rear wheel as
pedaling induces similar loads as trying to use brakes on you wheels.
Anyway, if I ever get finished, I hope to fit wire wheels.......but that is
a long way off........

Cheers
Mark Stanley

> Mark,
>
> This is the only other picture I have seen of a plane with wheels like
> mine.  I have never seen them on another flying airplane.  I also have an
> old catalog somewhere at home that shows them for sale.  These wheels are
> someting I am always looking for when I visit muesum's.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/605160959538160/photos/a.629510563769866.1073741827.605160959538160/748494335204821/?type=1&theater
>
> --------
> Scott Liefeld

Other Matronics Email List Services

  • Post A New Message
  •   Pietenpol-List@matronics.com
  • UN/SUBSCRIBE
  •   http://www.matronics.com/subscription
  • List FAQ
  •   http://www.matronics.com/FAQ/Pietenpol-List.htm
  • Full Archive Search Engine
  •   http://www.matronics.com/search
  • 7-Day List Browsing
  •   http://www.matronics.com/browse
  • Browse the List Digests
  •   http://www.matronics.com/digest
  • Live Online Chat!
  •   http://www.matronics.com/chat
  • Archive Downloading
  •   http://www.matronics.com/archives
  • Photo Share
  •   http://www.matronics.com/photoshare
  • Other Email Lists
  •   http://www.matronics.com/emaillists
  • Contributions
  •   http://www.matronics.com/contributions

    These Email List Services are sponsored solely by Matronics and through the generous contributions of its members.

    -- Please support this service by making your Contribution today! --