Re: Andy-- storage space and fuel

Subject:    Re: Andy-- storage space and fuel
From:    taildrags (taildrags@hotmail.com)
Date:    Wed Feb 25 - 9:41 PM
Andy;

My answer to your question about a header tank is just my answer-"yes", but to
elaborate,  I consider a header tank to be one that doesn't have its own filler
cap and so it is filled from the main tank by the pilot's manipulation of valves.
If I could possibly stretch an aviation regulation that says there must
be a quantity indicator for each fuel tank, I would further stretch things by
saying that header tanks don't usually have quantity indicators.  You have a
fuel gauge for the main tank, but once it feeds into the header tank you don't
typically have a readout of what's in that tank.  Anyone else care to comment?

--------
Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR
Air Camper NX41CC "Scout"
A75 power

Read this topic online here:

Other Matronics Email List Services

  • Post A New Message
  •   Pietenpol-List@matronics.com
  • UN/SUBSCRIBE
  •   http://www.matronics.com/subscription
  • List FAQ
  •   http://www.matronics.com/FAQ/Pietenpol-List.htm
  • Full Archive Search Engine
  •   http://www.matronics.com/search
  • 7-Day List Browsing
  •   http://www.matronics.com/browse
  • Browse the List Digests
  •   http://www.matronics.com/digest
  • Live Online Chat!
  •   http://www.matronics.com/chat
  • Archive Downloading
  •   http://www.matronics.com/archives
  • Photo Share
  •   http://www.matronics.com/photoshare
  • Other Email Lists
  •   http://www.matronics.com/emaillists
  • Contributions
  •   http://www.matronics.com/contributions

    These Email List Services are sponsored solely by Matronics and through the generous contributions of its members.

    -- Please support this service by making your Contribution today! --