Re: Re: Evening flight

Subject:    Re: Re: Evening flight
From:    Ray Krause (raykrause@frontiernet.net)
Date:    Mon Sep 01 - 7:36 PM
Jeff,

I've heard from several and my deck angle on the ground is not too far off from
others. I will study it further, but would like to know about yours, if you ever
find out.

Thanks,

Ray

Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 1, 2014, at 7:27 PM, "Jeff Boatright" <jeffboatright@emory.edu> wrote:
>

> Sorry Ray, I don't know what my deck angle is at stall or sitting on the ground.
I might play around with it on the next flight, though and report back!

> [quote="Ray Krause"]Thanks, Gary. I will see if I can raise the deck angle by
extending the tail wheel, raising the tail.

> Ray
>
> Sent from my iPad
>

>> On Sep 1, 2014, at 11:04 AM, "Gary Boothe"  wrote:
>>
>> Landing gear has not been changed...yet. I removed the BHP style A-frame and
>> went with typical spring and Matco tail wheel. That moved everything back
>> far enough to allow me to use a direct hook up between the rudder and the
>> tail wheel. The reduced deck angle was a fortunate side effect. Not that I
>> would ever do it, but one could drop in from 5' and the tail would stay
>> straight and true!
>>
>> Gary Boothe
>> NX308MB
>>

>> --
>

> Read this topic online here:

Other Matronics Email List Services

  • Post A New Message
  •   Pietenpol-List@matronics.com
  • UN/SUBSCRIBE
  •   http://www.matronics.com/subscription
  • List FAQ
  •   http://www.matronics.com/FAQ/Pietenpol-List.htm
  • Full Archive Search Engine
  •   http://www.matronics.com/search
  • 7-Day List Browsing
  •   http://www.matronics.com/browse
  • Browse the List Digests
  •   http://www.matronics.com/digest
  • Live Online Chat!
  •   http://www.matronics.com/chat
  • Archive Downloading
  •   http://www.matronics.com/archives
  • Photo Share
  •   http://www.matronics.com/photoshare
  • Other Email Lists
  •   http://www.matronics.com/emaillists
  • Contributions
  •   http://www.matronics.com/contributions

    These Email List Services are sponsored solely by Matronics and through the generous contributions of its members.

    -- Please support this service by making your Contribution today! --