Re: Switch Schemes for Reliability

Subject:    Re: Switch Schemes for Reliability
From:    wsimpso1 (wsimpso1@comcast.net)
Date:    Sun Apr 21 - 5:35 PM
[quote="alec(at)alecmyers.com"]Isnt that what Schottky diodes are for?

This and another post suggested diode isolation.

Trouble with adding elements to our systems is they too have failure modes, downstream
effects, etc. Diodes can and do fail open and fail closed. So, we have
to put them in the Fault Tree and Failure Modes and Effects work, estimate failure
rates, and see if they help or hurt for forced landings and dark avionics
suites. Have not done it yet, but might yet.

Billski

Read this topic online here:

Other Matronics Email List Services

  • Post A New Message
  •   AeroElectric-List@matronics.com
  • UN/SUBSCRIBE
  •   http://www.matronics.com/subscription
  • List FAQ
  •   http://www.matronics.com/FAQ/AeroElectric-List.htm
  • Full Archive Search Engine
  •   http://www.matronics.com/search
  • 7-Day List Browsing
  •   http://www.matronics.com/browse
  • Browse the List Digests
  •   http://www.matronics.com/digest
  • Live Online Chat!
  •   http://www.matronics.com/chat
  • Archive Downloading
  •   http://www.matronics.com/archives
  • Photo Share
  •   http://www.matronics.com/photoshare
  • Other Email Lists
  •   http://www.matronics.com/emaillists
  • Contributions
  •   http://www.matronics.com/contributions

    These Email List Services are sponsored solely by Matronics and through the generous contributions of its members.

    -- Please support this service by making your Contribution today! --