Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Traveler Project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> TeamGrumman-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrummanDude

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Traveler Project Reply with quote

I thought I posted this before, but I don't see it under sent emails and I don't remember seeing it come over as an email.

Here's the skinny.

Paul bought this plane a few years ago, flew it for about 10 months, and when he found out the engine had a bad cam, decided to do a restoration.

First, he sent the engine to LyCon. That was two years ago.
Second, he disassembled the plane to have it painted.

After it was painted, it sat until LyCon finished the engine. He just got the engine back; it's been ported and polished and painted to match the plane. It looks real good.

Since it's easier to take a plane apart than to put it together, he hung onto the project looking for someone to put it together. He contacted me a few weeks ago and then brought the plane to Auburn.

With fresh paint, the fuselage looks pretty good. Wings good too if small hail dents don't bother you.

Since he wanted to do this right, he bought a Power Flow Exhaust System and a LoPresti Nose Bowl. He also bought a Sensenich prop with 445 TTSN.

He has over $20,000 invested in the engine.
The PF exhaust system was $4400.
The LoPresti nose bowl was over $5000.
The Sensenich prop was $3000

Paint was also several thousand dollars.

I started putting the plane together. My first step was to hang the engine since it would be easier to move around with an engine balancing the plane. Then I removed all of the parts that were left inside. It was then that I found a fair amount of corrosion on the top of the center spar. The wings look pretty clean. When I told the owner, he opted to find another project and sell this one.

Good news, he bought the Tiger that was for sale in Virginia. It's a project too, but he can fly it.

The Traveler project will need:
- Interior
- Glass (windows and windshield)
- much of the wiring, FWF, 'should' be replaced.
- Avionics. Not much in the way of avionics.
He will offer the ADF, DME, and whatever else I remove from the Tiger if you're interested.

Paul wants $38,000 for the project. Or, he'll sell the ENGINE, PFS, PROP, and nose bowl separately, for what he has in them, and part out the Traveler. The ADF and DME are also available for sale.

Gary
AuCountry Aviation

- The Matronics TeamGrumman-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?TeamGrumman-List

IMG_4437.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.95 MB
 Viewed:  2463 Time(s)

IMG_4437.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> TeamGrumman-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: