The FuelChec (tm) DX and LTOrder Online Now - Save 5%!
The FuelChec (tm) by Matronics is a complete fuel management system for aircraft. It provides the pilot with continuous information on a wide variety of fuel system data. The 'LT' or Lite is the basic model and provides Fuel Flow, Fuel Used, Fuel Remaining, Hours Remaining, and pilot adjustable Low Fuel and Switch Tank warnings. The 'DX' or Deluxe is a more advanced model and adds Fuel Pressure, Cost-per-Hour, a universally compatible Loran C/GPS serial interface to provide Economy information, and a number of additional warnings including Low and High Fuel Pressure, Low Time Remaining, and Insufficient Fuel to Destination. Both models fit a standard 2.25" instrument hole and are just over 3" deep. The FuelChec (tm) system comes complete with all necessary transducers, wiring harness kit, detailed Installation and User's Guide, and a handy Quick Reference Card.
DX and LT Photos
RealVideo - A Complete FuelChec (tm) Demo!
Click on DX or LT for a closeup photo and feature list for each model.
Click on RealVideo for a complete demo of the FuelChec's (tm) operation!
FuelChec (tm) Features
- Gallons Per Hour ( avi (99K) | mov (74K) )
- Total Fuel Used ( avi (76K) | mov (59K) )
- Total Fuel Left (remaining) ( avi (76K) | mov (58K) )
- Time Left Until Empty ( avi (76K) | mov (58K) )
- Cost Per Hour ( avi (100K) | mov (75K) ) *
- Fuel Pressure ( avi (99K) | mov (73K) ) *
- Economy (with active Loran/GPS input) ( avi (99K) | mov (73K) ) *
- Miles Per Hour (with active Loran/GPS input) ( avi (220K) | mov (150K) ) *
- Miles To Destination (with active Loran/GPS input) ( see MPH avi or mov ) *
Available Quantity Units Real-time Warnings
(All warnings include pilot adjustable set points, front panel acknowledgments, and can individually be disabled.)
- Low Fuel Left ( avi (447K) | mov (299K) )
- Change Tanks ( avi (943K) | mov (620K) )
- Low Time Left ( avi (458K) | mov (309K) ) *
- Low Fuel Pressure ( avi (444K) | mov (295K) ) *
- High Fuel Pressure ( avi (448K) | mov (304K) ) *
- Insufficient Fuel to Waypoint (with active Loran/GPS input) ( avi (662K) | mov (440K) ) *
- Fuel Left Preset ( avi (365K) | mov (261K) )
- User adjustable amount for Fuel Left
- Automatically clears Fuel Used
- Keypad shortcut to Preset
- LCD backlight and LED High/Low brightness control from front panel as well as aircraft panel dimmer output
- Fuel Computer Data Output *
- Output formats include Shadin Generic compatible, King Format A, King Format B, and formats by Terra, and Matronics
- High quality, fuel flow transducer
- High quality, solid-state fuel pressure transducer *
- Nonvolatile configuration and fuel level data storage
- Large, easy to read 1/2", backlit LCD display
- Standard 2 1/4" instrument form factor
- Small size: 2 1/2"H x 2 1/2"W x 3.25"D
- Low power consumption
- Complete Installation and Configuration Guide
- Built-in Support for IIMorrow, NorthStar, King, ARNAV, Trimble, Terra, Magellan, Garmin, Ashtech and other GPS/Loran C serial inputs *
- 2 year warranty on parts and labor
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- LT to DX factory upgrade is available
- A Return Flow Controller Kit is available for injection installations that return fuel directly to the tank
- FuelChec (tm) DX system comes complete with flow and pressure transducers, wiring harness kit, installation manual and quick reference card
- FuelChec (tm) LT system comes complete with flow transducer, wiring harness kit, installation manual and quick reference card
* Denotes features available on the DX model only.
FuelChec (tm) Overview
The FuelChec (tm) uses the highest quality materials throughout and has the look and feel of instruments costing much more. The feature set found on the FuelChec (tm) is exceptionally rich, and the DX model provides the pilot with the widest variety of fuel system information on the market today, yet is priced significantly lower.
The FuelChec (tm) uses microprocessor technology to provide an extremely high level of accuracy and reliability. All configuration and fuel level data is stored in nonvolatile memory which requires no battery backup, and is capable of saving the information indefinitely. The FuelChec's(tm) LCD backlight and LED high/low brightness can be controlled both from the front panel buttons and the aircraft dimmer circuit.
A factory upgrade from an existing LT installation to a DX model is available. A Return Flow Kit is also available allowing the FuelChec (tm) to be used in fuel injected applications where fuel is returned directly to the tank.
Unique Data Display
The FuelChec (tm) displays all Functions and Configuration Options using a pseudo alphanumeric representation. For example, fuel flow (GPH) is presented with its current unit selection by displaying the following in sequence on the 1/2 inch, seven-segment LCD display:
Note that the digits (10.5 ) are displayed continuously while the current units message ( GALS PEr Hour ) repeats at an adjustable interval.
Built-in Support For All Common Quantity Units
The FuelChec (tm) supports a wide variety of units in fuel flow, fuel pressure, and velocity modes. The various unit types can all be selected in real-time from the front panel buttons.
The Fuel Flow transducer is mounted between the fuel selector valve and the first fuel pump with 6 - 12 inches of straight tube prior to the inlet of the transducer. The Fuel Flow transducer should also be located at a low point in the fuel line.
The Fuel Pressure transducer placement should be after fuel pumps, but can be remotely mounted using a 'tee' fitting and flex tubing.
Complete FuelChec (tm) Package
The complete FuelChec (tm) package includes the FuelChec (tm) Unit, aircraft
grade Fuel Flow Transducer, high quality Fuel Pressure Transducer (DX only), Wiring
Harness Kit, a detailed Installation and User's Guide and a handy Quick Reference Guide.
FuelChec (tm) Brochure
Complete FuelChec (tm) DX Manual
Complete FuelChec (tm) LT Manual
Download a free Adobe Acrobat Reader Here: Adobe Acrobat
PO Box 347
Livermore, CA 94551-0347
Sales and Support - 925-606-1001
FAX - 925-606-6281
Internet Email - email@example.com
WWW Server - www.matronics.com
Order Online Now - Save 5%!